To save our environment, the plastic bags are being replaced with paper bags which are biodegradable and eco-friendly. They are used for making shopping bags, carry bags and paper gift bags too, and they aren’t they are not just recyclable, reusable but also look classy to carry. These bags are available in the market both online and offline, but to make one yourself will add a personal touch to it.
DIY Paper Gift Bags Making:
While attending a function, and you have opted for some unusual shaped gift, it becomes impossible to get them wrapped in a regular gifting style. Then you can create your own magical gift bags with the most simple things available at home and that too just in a few minutes. These getting bags can be fashioned out of any patterned wrapping paper or colorful craft papers and make Kraft paper bags with handles all without handles for gifting and other purposes.
- Hole Puncher
- Ribbon or Rope
- Painter’s masking tape
- Crayons etc.
- Start by cutting the piece of craft or wrapping paper to 9.5 *15 inches using a ruler and a pencil to stencil out the shape. You can also cut in a rectangular or if the size of your paper is right then just cutting the paper bag from the corner rather than from the middle.
- Now assemble your bag by placing the cut out of paper on the flat surface perfectly to make custom kraft paper bags.
- Then, fold the bottom edge of the paper up at 5 cm and crease the fold sharply, then unfold, and it will be present at the bottom of the bag.
- Next, step is locating the centre point of the top and bottom edges. It can be done by using a ruler or just folding your paper from the centre and then mark the top and bottom of it.
- Now, mark the left and right of the centre point at 9.5 cm to after marking you will get a total of 6 markings on your craft paper.
- Then you will have to fold the sides of the bag into one place. Firstly, the right edge of the paper to the centre is folded, creased and unfolded; it’s repeated for the opposite side too.
- Flip the paper, re-fold left and right side to the centre downwards and fix it with glue and let it dry completely.
- Now fold the sides creases inward for creating an accordion effect, i.e. which opens up like a rectangle.
- Then prepare the bottom of the bag by folding it and glue it into place. Fold the bag up from bottom to 10 cm and crease it. The inward flaring creases should look as the squared edge.
- Now you will have to fold a few sides to centre in a triangle shape for putting the bottom of the bag together.
- Secure the bottom perfectly with glue and after drying pop the bag open.
- To add handles using a hole puncher make two holes at the top of your bag and reinforce by lining the holes with tape or glue. Then slide the ribbon or rope in it, making a knot inside, and it’s fixed.
- Decorate the bag as you like with paint colors and your custom kraft paper bags are ready.