65 / 100 SEO Score

Yes. You are required to have a valid Australian visa to enter the country. You can choose from a wide range of temporary / visitor visas to enter the country for short term purposes. Be it for visiting your friends and family, tourism purposes, sightseeing, short term business activities or even for non formal education courses which are less than 3 months course period. If you are about to bring your parents for a short visit then you can check into visitor visa Australia for parents.


For Australian visitors there are a variety of visas. You have to choose the visa type depending on why and how long your visit will be. Also your passport is an important criteria.

Subclass 651- eVisitor 

It’s a non extendable free visa with which you can enter multiple times for upto 3 months within a 12 month period. It can be for business activities or for tourism purposes. This visa is applicable to many of the European country passport holders. 

Subclass 601 – Electronic Travel Authority Visa

On this visa you can visit Australia as many times as you want for a year. Stay period is 3 months per visit. This visa is applicable to many of the people who live outside Australia.

Subclass 600- Visitor Visa

For those who are not eligible for eVisitor or ETA (Electronic Travel Authority Visa) can apply for Subclass 600 visa. On this visa you can visit Australia for business or tourism purposes for 3, 6, or 12 months. You are eligible to extend your visa if you are already holding a valid ETA visa(Subclass 601) you are inside Australia. But eVisitor Visa (Subclass 651) is non extendable visa.

Subclass 417 – Working Holiday Visa and Subclass 462 – Work and Holiday Visa

For working legally in Australia you need either a Working Holiday Visa (Subclass 417) or a Work and Holiday Visa (Subclass 462). Choosing the visa depends on your passport. Applicants are differentiated depending on their citizenship.

Subclass 407 – Training Visa

For study purposes you can look into this visa if it’s a short term study like work based training also for courses less than 3 months period. But for a long term course you will have to apply for a Student Visa (Subclass 500). 

Subclass 408 – Temporary Activity Visa

On this visa you can enter Australia for project works and short term programs.

These are the various visa subclasses available from which you have to select the appropriate one.

Consulting with an experienced best Australian Immigration Agency will be of great help for Visit Visa application preparations and processing.